Sharing your Screen
Last updated: 1 month ago • 4 versions | Visibility: Public
Sharing your Lynx-R1 session
In an upcoming firmware release, you'll be able to record in the headset a Mixed Reality (Passthrough + VR elements) directly.
In the mean time, here is a workaround, as of 1.1.8.
Activate/Deactivate the lens distortion
The Lynx-R1 optical system has many advantages, but also a few caveats. Like all lenses it's full of compromises, and the distortion is one of them.
Install adb on your computer, and use these commands to play with the Lynx compositor:
adb shell setprop persist.lynx.openxr.distortion value
Replace "value" in the command this way:
- 0 will deactivate the lens distortion in both eyes
- 1 will deactivate the lens distortion in the left eye
- 2 will deactivate the lens distortion in the right eye
- 3 will activate the distortion in both eyes
As an example, if you want to make a demo of the headset on a computer, follow these steps:
- Plug your headset over a USB port on the computer
- Run the command adb shell setprop persist.lynx.openxr.distortion 2 to deactivate the right eye lens.
- Use scrcpy to share the undistorted view with the command scrcpy --crop 1600:1600:1600:0 --max-fps 60
- Use the headset, it should be a bit more difficult with one eye, but Stan was able to ski this way after a bit of practice (these stunts are performed by trained professionals, do not try this at home).
We will update this page once the native function of recording will be available.